www.sendmoneypacific.org has been created through the joint Australian and New Zealand Governments' led initiative 'Reducing the Cost of Remittances to the Pacific'. The project has been developed and managed by the project partner, Developing Markets Associates Ltd (DMA).
The website provides important information on the many choices migrants living in Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America have when sending money back to their families and friends in the South Pacific island nations of Fiji, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
When you want to send money back home the important things that you may need to know are:
- How can I send my money?
- If I send an amount in AUD/NZD/USD, how much will actually be received by my friends or family and in which currency?
- What is the true cost to me to send this money?
- What is the exchange rate?
- What documents/information do I need to provide to send money?
- What documents/information does the person I'm sending to need in order to collect the money
- How long will it take for my money to arrive?
- Will the person I'm sending to have to pay anything as well?
- What protection is in place to make sure the money is received?
- What do I do if things go wrong?
- Where can the money be collected
This website contains the answers to most of these questions but if you need more information, please contact us and we will try to help you.
For further information, please view the Help & FAQs.